Thursday, August 12, 2010

Sherrilyn Kenyon - Totally got the book signing accomplished!

You know...I haven't read a romance novel since the Twilight Pre-party last June.

But I totally got Sherrilyn Kenyon's autographs on my books.  All five of them.  : )  And she gave me a sixth - a signed copy of her Dark-Hunters manga!



See, what happened was I was in line Friday morning at the Autograph Area station she'd be at.  What I didn't know was that autograph tickets to actually *be* in the line were given out OUTSIDE of the Convention Center.  Like, they let everyone in at 9:30 - how are we supposed to get outside of the Convention Center when they give out autograph tickets?  Luckily, a girl stood with me in line, also clueless as to how autograph procedures go.  We were the first ones there, as everyone else filed in behind us.

So as Sherrilyn's assistant was writing out our names on Post-its so they'd be easy to spell, my books were the FIRST in line to get signed that day!  I brought three books with me that day, as that was the usual limit for Sherri signing any books (as stated on her website), but Comic Con rules state that Autograph Area people sign 2 books at a time.  Whatever!

Taken while I was in line, the first waiting to be signed!


Oh, my god.  Sherri's SO much prettier in person as opposed to her book cover photos.  And she's really sweet, too!  I totally got pictures with her that Friday...and then Saturday!

Saturday, I brought my remaining last two books, just for luck.  Which pretty much worked because Comic Con had way too many volunteers and they let Stace and I off for the day, free to wander around as we pleased.  So we tried getting Sherri's autographs for my last two books.  I snuck in line and there were already people in front of us...three lines full!  Dianna Love (Sherri's other assistant, and co-author on some of her books) didn't care that Stace and I didn't have tickets.  I got a picture with her too because I told her, "If I buy your books someday, and I DON'T take a picture with you now, I'm totally gonna regret it later!"  This time, I came dressed in my Maid Marian costume for the hell of it, and they thought it was gorgeous : )

Sherrilyn Kenyon & I on Friday



Sherrilyn Kenyon and I on Saturday (Oh I look much cuter here than in the day before!  Note that I'm holding the last two books she signed for me.)



Dianna Love and I on Saturday


Unfortunately, Stace and I also tried sneaking into Rick Riordan's autograph area afterwards.  That didn't work out.  : (  But I totally had the best weekend ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment