Wednesday, April 13, 2011

This sinking feeling...

I was at Borders earlier, the one nearest my house.  It's a travesty to see my favorite store (and yes, this is my favorite store, for I shop more for books than clothes and food) closing, and right near my house.



Everything was just...cluttered with "Store Closing" signs.  Portions of the store were bare - namely the "Young Reader" section that was once chock-full of Harry Potter books (I still have yet to obtain 3, 4, 5, and 6, by the way).  The music section is also empty.  All the piano sheet music books are gone.  Twilight books are on sale for $16 each.  I've no idea yet how much the keepsake journal collection is but it's primarily $24.

Tonight I bought Brenda Joyce's "Deadly Illusions" and Karen Hawkins' "The Seduction of Sara."

I bought about five or six books over the weekend and can't label them right now since they're in the other room.  We all know I totally broke Lent, but halfway because I haven't been reading any of my books.  I've just got 1 1/2 weeks till Easter, and I can go back to being happy.  Actually...I won't be happy because Borders is still closing.  The nearest one after this closure is about 30 minutes away.  With gas prices these days, that's not very conducive.

I'm hoping to pick up a copy of Tracy Anne Warren's "Wicked Delights of the Bridal Bed" soon.

EDIT: I never mentioned this but the books I did buy before these aforementioned two are
Sabrina Jeffries - A Hellion In Her Bed (never thought I'd actually buy it but I did)
Laurel McKee - Duchess of Sin
Tamara Lejeune - The Heiress in His Bed (I forgot I bought another book of hers at the other now-closed Borders store)
Ashley March - Seducing the Duchess
Margaret Mallory - Knight of Pleasure (I didn't like Knight of Desire...this one better be good)

No comments:

Post a Comment