Thursday, August 4, 2011

Beguiled, by Shannon Drake

I read this one sometime last year or two years ago.  Most likely last year.  If you've seen Disney's Sleeping Beauty, you're definitely going to recognize elements from it.  I can't exactly say if it's good or not, so just to be safe, I'm giving it a 3.5 out of 5 rating.  Actually on my Book List chart I gave it a 4, so it must've been good.

- Girl raised by aunts, far away from the uppercrust society she was born to
- Arranged marriage to a man she's never met (both male and female get upset)
- But she HAS met him before, in the forest between the property that his family owns and where she lives!
- Male has "Robin Hood" agenda
- I can't even remember their names.
- Is most likely a Regency-era novel
- Cover was done by Jon Paul

Go read it if you're into Disney stuff.  I'm not going to give spoilers but that's about all I can remember from the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment