Saturday, May 1, 2010

Sometimes I even ask myself...

...why do I do this so much?  Why do I buy so many romance novels, only for my money to fly out of my wallet and into the bankbooks of the authors whom I idolize.  And not just authors, it's anything that I purchase that benefits the bank accounts of someone else.


But no, seriously, I REALLY have to think about this question because I never have a real answer for it.
  • Do you think these are the ideal romances you want in real life?
At times, yes.  I'd like a guy to stand up for me, hold the door open to the restaurant.  I don't care if you hold the door open for me at the car, or pay the bill for dinner (so far, the only dates I've ever gone on, we've always split the bill.  And those aren't even real dates).  I'd love a guy to treat me right.  For you to be treated right, make sure you've also not been a bitch to the guy, that you've been a lady.  Then again, most guys just don't care and would rather get with some cheap floozy for a one night stand.  Seriously, I'd LOVE to meet a regular guy.  I do want a fairy tale wedding and the happily ever after, but sometimes I think I'm going to be a spinster long before that ever happens.
  • After reading these books, what do you look for in a guy?
My ideals have changed and switched back.  Ideally, I go for white guys either with blonde or brunette hair.  I shouldn't have to change him if he's my perfect match.  We'd go to the gym together, at least.  He's gotta be taller than me, and either the same age, if not a few years older.  He's gotta be sweet and do little romantic things (sending flowers, but not like HUGE bouquets.  A single rose would be nice, or any flower in general).  So long as he's not acting like a complete idiot or a tool, he's all right.  Reading romance novels may have influenced my choice in the opposite sex, but they didn't last long, and so I just stick to what I love to look at.
  • What makes you buy a book?
The cover & stepback, the author, the title, the back preview.  If it's part of a series and I loved one or more of the books from it, then hell yeah I'm gonna buy the next one.  Additionally, I'm addicted to bookstores and am often likely to be found browsing the romance section before moving onto anything else.
  • Do you buy books other than romance novels?
Yes, yes I do.  As a college student, I'm bound to buy textbooks.  Okay, that doesn't count.  Generally, yes I do buy non-romance books.  Things such as the Shopaholic series (Sophie Kinsella), Star Wars Extended Universe, Les Miserables, Pride and Prejudice, and many others.  I haven't read them in a long time, though.
  • Have you heard about the Romantic Times convention that happens yearly in different places over the country?
Yes, but sadly, I can't afford to go.  I told my mom to expect that someday I'll ask her if I can go.  It's going on right now in Ohio.  Like I'm gonna afford a plane ticket and $500 convention pass as well as hotel, food, and anything else of the like.  I don't have a job right now.  My job is to be a full-time student.  I'm soooo fucking jealous of the women who get to be there right now! Check it out here.
  • What's your favorite book?
The first romance novel I read, The Masquerade by Brenda Joyce.  I'll write a review on it...eventually.
  • What's with all the namedropping around here?
Hey, I can't help it if I want to properly italicize the title of a book or movie.  Other than that, I just tend to emphasize and exaggerate things (according to my friends).
  • You do know that these guys' abs aren't fake, right?
Haha, yeah, don't I know it?  Most, if not all of the male cover models are fitness experts and personal trainers.  In reference to my blog description, I was joking about the fake abs.
  • Have you ever wanted to be a model for these books?
Only recently.  I don't think there's a market for short, Asian models though.  Generally I don't fit the size requirement in modeling at all.  I've never cared for regular modeling, either.
  • How can you feel tempted to throw your precious books against a wall?
They remind me of the fact that I'm still single and one of my friends recently made me bitter about love, due to her previous views before getting a boyfriend of her own.  Sometimes the texts are corny as hell and even irritate me.
  • What's with the apple in your profile picture?
Yes, you guys, it's an apple.  Some "chimeric apple" that I found on another blog online, so you can Google that up if you want.  There's no real significance to this, other than the fact that I thought it looked cool and something about the apple being known as the forbidden fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment